Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Hard Habit to Break

Ok, I am so ashamed. This is what I have been listening. Chicago's Greatest Hits and I just feel dirty. I used to HATE, HATE, HATE Chicago, especially that nasally bitch Peter Cetera ... but I guess my last migraine headache must have rewired my synapses in such a way that I had to buy this CD (actually JPD did) because it cost next to nothing - go figure - who buys Chicago CDs anymore except potentially brain damaged migraine suffers.

I'll come clean. It really wasn't a migraine that did it for me. There was a commercial on Irish TV that used that song "Please don't go". You know the one. "If you leave me now, you take away the biggest part of me, ooo ooo ooo no, baby, please don't go..." I bought it because I realised that after all this time, my musical taste has gotten so depleted that now I like - no -almost love this song.

Imagine my surprise when I find me singing my Sunday morning lungs out when track after track of such previously despised but now loved tunes are coming out of my CD player. Don't tell me "Saturday in the Park" and "Does anyone really know what time it is?" (That is deep there!) and those are the ones I expected. "Wishing you were here" C'mon! I didn't even know that was Chicago! Big bonus for Pog! I even like the 80's ones that I used to turn off of MTV like "Hard Habit to Break". Did I mention I feel dirty?

Still, Chicago may be one of the most annoying bands in musical history. "25 or 6 to 4" - annoying. "Beginnings" - doubly annoying. I still have to hit the FF button pretty damn quick.

All in all though, Chicago fits on my Sucky CD shelf quite nicely.

5 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Dim said...

Nice to have you back posting again!! I used to love Chicago. Then I got pubes.

Seriously, the chick in the "Stay the Night" video made my 13 year old self very happy in the pants!

Although Cetera should never be forgiven for that terrible Karate Kid tune.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger March2theSea said...

The big thing w/this band is how every record is just numbered. That rules. Hey guys what should we call this record? Ummm Chicago 13??! NICE!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Steve H said...

ok, i'kk admit it, once in a while i break out the original Greatest Hits record...

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger you can do it said...

welcome back to my blog.
欢迎到我博客参观~

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Maximus Doom said...

Wait til u buy Hall and Oates or Devo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home